The Journey of Alzheimer’s and Dementia
The journey of Alzheimer’s and dementia is a heartbreaking one, for family caregivers and the diagnosed individual alike. At Mesa View Senior Assisted Living (and at our partner locations, Harbor View Senior Assisted Living and Bay View Assisted Living) we strive to provide compassionate, individualized care, preserving our residents’ dignity at every stage of their Alzheimer’s journey.
Holistic Elder Care
At MesaView, we understand that when it comes to caring for those with cognitive decline, it’s vital to consider the entire person. Holistic memory care is defined as engaging a patient’s body, mind, and spirit. From knowing about a resident’s wellness to physical health to hobbies, interests, walks of life and more, caring for the whole person starts with taking the time to understand them. For those with Alzheimer’s, knowing who they were before is just as important as knowing who they are now.
Memory Care Community in Southern California
MesaView Senior Assisted Living in La Mesa, California, is a senior care community in Southern California. We understand that our residents’ holistic experience of life (social, spiritual, emotional, mental, physical) is vitally important. Research says one of the best things you can do to delay or slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia is to keep your mind active. Our compassionate caregivers provide top-notch, individualized care to each of the members of our communities.
Benefits of a Holistic Approach
Memory care that takes a holistic approach, engages a person on a physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual level. Shaping our approach to memory care around this holistic concept, allows us to meet our residents’ needs in a unique way and maximizes their health. Holistic elder care and memory care provides a vast array of benefits.
- Highly Customizable: Knowing our resident’s preferences increases their confidence to try new things on their own and can give them a self-esteem boost to focus on their interests again.
- Less Medication: Research indicates that residents who are active, engaged, and connected to a broader community enjoy greater satisfaction and a higher quality of life. They also report feeling more relaxed, secure, and at peace despite their cognitive decline. These positive benefits often result in a decreased need for medication.
- Increasing Joy: Knowing our resident’s hobbies and passions allows us to help them focus on the things they love to do. This helps them feel more integrated and connected to things they used to do.
- Maximizing Independence: Being aware of our resident’s unique strengths and weaknesses encourages them to do as much as they can on their own.
- Alternative Therapies: There are many holistic therapies that can greatly improve the life experience of someone diagnosed with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Therapies range from music to art to aromatherapy to reminiscence therapy and pet therapy. All of these can help engage an individual with Alzheimer’s on multiple levels and enhance happiness and a sense of well-being.
San Diego’s Top Memory Care and Senior Care Community
MesaView Senior Assisted Living in La Mesa, California is one of the top assisted living facilities in the greater San Diego area. We’re known for our compassionate caregivers, beautiful grounds, and personal, individualized care. We consider it an honor to walk alongside families as they traverse the challenging and heartbreaking journey of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Compassionate Memory Care in San Diego
At Mesa View Senior Assisted Living (and at our partner locations: Harbor View Senior Assisted Living and Bay View Assisted Living) our compassionate, highly competent staff work hard to provide holistic care to each member of our memory care communities.